Life in Idaho No.1 (Mahoro)

2023年11月6日月曜日

t f B! P L

School -

I'm going to explain about my school in New Albany because I haven't explained yet.


First, my school is really big, it is not only high school, there are elementary school and middle school too in the same place.


My schedule of school -

  1. Study Center

  2. English 10 [which is for mostly sophomore]

  3. Theater 1: foundation

  4. Public Speaking

  5. Lunch [food is all my life]

  6. Sociology [this is my favorite class ever!!!]

  7. Choir [it is a singing class]

  8. American History [a bunch of homework and tests and quizzes!!!]

I have 5 minutes between classe, I thought it was too fast but my walking speed is really fast so I can go to a restroom in time.

Have you realized it yet? I have the same schedule of school EVERY DAY! I know that it is easier to get used to it for exchange students but it's kind of boring. I actually enjoyed the classes, though.

After school, I have a sewing club every Monday and I have a Culture Day Club on Wednesday. Also I am going to try out for basketball's cheerleading. In Japan, we can easily join a sports team but here in the US, we need to try out first, before the try out we have to go to see a doctor. That is different, right? And you can join any club and sports teams that you want, you need to adjust your schedule, though.


Classes' contents-

I have a bunch of homework every day compared to my school in Japan, actually teachers don't give me that much homework but i need to study for next classes, stuff like that. I feel like I have a lot of assignments and quizzes and presentations that make me do more homework.

Before I came here, I imagined the class in the US is going to be fun and have a lot of talking. But it isn't, I mean it depends on the class or day. My favorite class is Sociology class, there is no talking between students so only the teacher talks. Actually most of the students in sociology class are using smartphones or doing something not important for the class. But I believe that sociology is really interesting and the way of the teacher teaching sociology is boring but the contents are so much interesting! I really like it! Also I like the teacher, I really do.

He is really funny and he always talks about his dog or jokes lol.


Powder Puff -

There is a sport called "Powder puff" which is like football for girls.

There was only one game for Powder Puff which is to donate to something by paying as players or spectators.

And I paid for being a player, I practiced Powder Puff with my teammates twice a week. And then we played games of Powder Puff, it was really exciting. Fortunately we got second place!! That is amazing, right!?




 



Halloween -

Halloween here is very fun.

I am going to go "treating" with my friends on Oct 31, that is going to be really fun, I hope.

Only one thing that I hate about fall is that everything is cinnamon, every smell is cinnamon and cinnamon is always inside cookies. Cinnamon is the worst thing I've ever had. That is why FOR ME it is kind of stressful lol.

From I got here, there are Halloween and Xmas stuff in every shops.

Everyone started preparing for Halloween at the end of September, I was like why now lol. But most people here are excited about Halloween, especially families because they can dress up like Incredible Family or family stuff.But I saw a photo of one of my friend's family dressed up on Halloween and that was really neat.

ページビューの合計

このブログを検索

ブログ アーカイブ

QooQ